About Me

My photo
I am the youngest of four children, an auntie of 13. I love my job, mostly, lets say its a challenge.

Saturday 22 January 2011

Sometimes I wonder...x

i work in a store that deals with movies. when a customer brings up a foreign title, i make them aware, as it gets annoying when people bring back movies because they didn't realise they were subtitled.

some of the best movies are subtitled but some people just dont have the patience or attention span to watch them, which is fair enough, it is obviously their preference.

today I was asked from a customer why the film they wish to purchase has been made in another language and wanted to know if they can get it in english.

I bite my tongue usually when this happens and try to be polite but sometimes I do wonder about the ignorance of some people.there are countries where english is not the first spoken language and they are free to make a film in their own language if they wish to do so.

No comments: